The race had about 7 miles of big hills and the wind was blowing hard in our faces. It was torturous! Luckily, the last 2 miles were downhill! After finishing, I said I was never doing that again...but the day after, I started planning for my next race...
Here is a flattering shot of me with my best friend Suzy. I guess it's okay to look gross after running 13 miles!:)
Suz was there to meet me at the finish line.
The rest of the family did the 1 mile fun run! Nat made them all matching team race shirts!

5 comments:
You are my hero. Seriously.
Cami! What a great time you guys had!!! It's funny to see ya'll wearing jackets in June! In Houston, we are wearing the bare essentials that you can get away with!! Loved your pictures and stories! Stay cool!
Way to go girl! That is awesome...all the hills and wind and all. I'm so proud of you. You and your sister look a lot alike.
This has nothing to do with the post, even though I still think it is awesome that you completed a half marathon. On our cruise, we got off the boat at all three ports. My husband grew up in San Diego, and his brother lives there, so we had someone to drive us around. We went to the Mormon Battalion there and that was fun. Definately get off the boat in Catalina. There are so many fun things to do there. We went snorkeling. Other people we talked to just rented a kayak and went around the island. Others got a land tour. I think anything you feel like doing there will be tons of fun. In Ensenada, we made the mistake of not doing a tour(because they are all wine or shopping tours) or finding our own tour. We tried just walking into town and looking around. It was a super long walk. I think there were guys lined up when you got off the boat to give you a ride. If we did it again, I would probably hire one of them to take me into town and then walk back if you don't want to hire someone for the ride back too. Then again, maybe you guys are a lot different then us and one of the offered excursions look good to you. Have so much fun. The best part of it all is all of the constant good food. Don't be afraid to order everything that looks good at dinner. You don't have to eat it all. We sometimes ordered the steak and the chicken. Also, if you want to be really cheap like we were, take ziplock bags and order room service to take off of the boat with you for lunch. Thats what we did and never paid for a meal. Have fun. Sorry for the long comment.
Sure, you look fine after running a marathon! What's my excuse!? :)
Way to go!!!
Post a Comment