In an attempt to keep cool and stay sane...
Spray parks, shaded playgrounds with water misters, sprinklers and swimming pools...
It's harvest time for a lot of things in AZ. We just got our last crop of green beans. Yes, that's the whole crop. I'm going to have to find a way to have a little bit bigger rows next year. I've got plans to dig all around the unused edges of our back lawn next planting season, and have stuff growing in every corner! It makes my husband roll his eyes. We also harvested our apples. We started with 8 apples with our first year of fruit on our little trees. But after Jaden helped me pick one, the neighbor girl took a bite out of another while it was still on the tree, Daniel hit one with the weed eater, and the bugs won a couple more, we ended up with 3! :) We pulled up some of our carrots, and decided they needed a little more growing time. But we ate these baby ones anyway. We've got lots of lemons growing now (which we are not going to harvest as limes this year, even though they tasted fine that way!), and our squash and watermelon plants are blossoming!
We've also been able to buy some very cheap fruit. I don't have any of the equipment to do canning on my own yet (though I'm working on that one!). So I've had fun making some freezer jams. We have cherry, peach, peach cherry, and mango peach! Yum!
And my last project that has been keeping me busy (and away from blogging) is window makeovers and room decorating! This a before pic of the curtains that were here when we moved in. I'm working on making new ones, and making matching covers for all of my couch pillows. I don't have a lot of experience with this one, so it is proving to be quite a slow process for me! But I'm learning some good things, and I'll post some pictures when I'm done. I'm also trying to get some house decorating done...only a year after I moved in! :)
4 comments:
That is so crazy that you are already done with your beans where we are only starting. But I think that it is awesome that you have a garden and are taking full advantage for it. I love that you have lemons.
what are freezer jams? sounds delicous!
What an adventurous woman you are! Well, I'm going to have to get your advice on Cbox. I tried it on my blog, and it cuts off the edges. Anyway, any help would be great. and, yes, I'm copying you with the 'thoughts box'.
LOVE THE HARVEST PICS!! Looks like you are being kept pretty busy these days. Wish we lived closer!
Post a Comment