Sunday, November 22, 2009

It's Harvest Time...Again

We're always having harvests around here - but we love every one of them! This week we had fresh spinach and green beans from the garden. I just wish my garden was big enough that one meal wouldn't wipe out the entire crop of spinach and beans! I have dreams of a giant backyard garden someday... Though I will be waiting quite some time for that one, I'm excited already!
We also had fresh squeezed lemonade from our lemon tree! Jaden was really a big help getting the lemons, as he picked most of the lower fruit himself. Zoee liked carrying the lemons around...until she took a big bite of the outside of one. Then she got a sour face and threw it down.


(Last year I thought we had a lime tree, so I picked them green. Then I found out it was really a lemon tree, and we had juiced underripe lemons. Then I found out that you are supposed to pick lemons green and then let them ripen off the tree. We finally got it figured out!)






No comments: