One day last month we took a drive to Tempe in the early AM. We were driving on the freeway at 5:15 am, and the temperature sign said it was 91 degrees. Welcome to Arizona... We have been cooking in the hundred and teens here. But that is beside the point...:) We took Zoee in to get tubes put in both ears. The surgery took less than 30 minutes, cost a couple thousand dollars, and a new world of sound was opened to our baby gir! One month later, Zoee has shown dramatic improvement. Her speech is still hard to understand sometimes, but she has gone from saying her three sortof words "maa" (mom) and "waa" (water), and "NO!" to things like "What's that?" and "I want soap." We are amazed and so very grateful! (Though, we are worried about what's going to happen when she learns to speak well enough to let more of that sassy personality right on out her mouth!)
Zoee has been dressing herself. She prefers Jadens's clothes. Here she is wearing her pj top, Jaden's swimsuit, and her pink cowboy boots! Quite the fashionista!
Jaden has been practicing his picture taking skills, while I have been wearing bleach-stained shorts around with wads of something stuffed in my pocket. It must have been laundry day!
We picked up this beaut at a garage sale for $5. After we got all of the crayon art cleaned off of it, it provided at least $5 worth of entertainment in the first day alone. Zoee calls it her "hee, hee."
We've been spending some time at the water park. Jaden also took a week of swimming lessons and developed some pretty crazy swimming skills for a 3-yr-old, in just a few days. Everyone around here starts swimming lessons as soon as their kids can walk (or before). So I guess we're a little behind. I didn't learn to swim until I was 14. Luckily, Jaden takes after daddy in that regard!
We went to watch fireworks on the 4th of July. We have one picture, and it is fuzzy...
There aren't many things better than a dip in the back yard kiddie pool followed by a snack stop at the back yard grapevine.
These kids have some mad bread pudding making skills. That is one time when I am glad that they are so good at tearing things up. They take care of the bread, I make the sauce, and wa la!
I was trying to read the newspaper the other day. I had monkeys climbing all over me and running through the paper. I finally gave up and got out the stapler so we could do something worthwhile with that paper!

4 comments:
I still check your blog and have been waiting for an update. Gald you finally got a chance to write a little. I want to come hang out at your house... it seems you are always having so much fun.
I still come and check up on my fav friend.
Everytime I come I am inspired to be a better mommy, wife and person!
Yeah, I check too. You need to update. :) (Pot calling the kettle black...) as much as I'd love to be your neighbor, I just don't think I can handle the AZ heat.
I love that you can just go out in your backyard and pick grapes- fabulous! ps* I think I would die in that miserable heat! I don't know how you do it!!
Post a Comment