Posting on the blog has been a little sporadic lately. When I get the chance, I post everything that I've been waiting to put on. So you either get 4 at once or none for a few weeks. Whoever you are, thanks for checking back anyway! There hasn't been much blogging time lately because we are undergoing the lovely task of potty training. I decided that I was tired of changing 15 diapers every day! We have been struggling for the past almost three weeks. I've just been guessing when it was time to go potty and being wrong most of the time. Or else sitting in the bathroom with Jaden for half an hour and then giving up, and having him wet his diaper the moment I put it back on him. My, this is an exhausting task! Then finally, yesterday, when I was seriously considering giving up for a while, Jaden told me he had to go potty for the first time. We celebrated with tootsie pops and stickers and pennies for his piggy bank. (Bribery is the only way to go! :) Today he's shown further success, and I've decided that we'll keep at it.
Zoee has had a break through of her own, as she has finally figured out that there is a daytime and a nighttime. She has slept a consecutive 6 hours for the past few nights and it has been wonderful. Jaden never did this until he was 11 months old, so it has been a pleasant and refreshing surprise! I just hope she keeps at it! I'm a couple of weeks behind on her update, but at her last check up she was 10 lbs 5 oz and 21 1/2 inches long. She's growing like a Dixon - at least at a Dixon rate if not quite a Dixon size!
So this week, I am just enjoying success... These may be silly successes for the average person, but for all of you mothers, I'm sure you can appreciate my excitement and relief! :)
2 comments:
Yes, potty training is a HUGE success! way to hang in there for 2 weeks of trying!
And 6 hours of sleep- LUCKY! (You have to say that like Napolean Dynamite). Anyway, so, nice that you could update. Ciao, Bebe...
I'm impressed that you kept at it for three weeks without much success. I worked on Alyssa cold turkey for a week straight and decided after cleaning poop out of her new big girl underwear that I wasn't ready to deal with that. I'd much rather change a poopy diaper. Congrats for keeping at it.
Post a Comment