Yesterday we went to visit Daniel's seminary class and meet some of his students. Jaden fell asleep in the car, so I decided to feed and change Zoee there in the car and give Jaden a few more minutes to sleep before going in. While changing Zoee on my lap, she spit up. I felt it hit my knee and start running down my leg, so I was trying to hurry and get her changed before the spit up got to the floor. As I had Zoee's legs lifted, wiping her little bum, she decided she wasn't quite finished. Out flew some lightning speed airborne yellow poopies... right onto my face. I screamed and woke Jaden up, but couldn't do anything about my face until I got that little bum wiped and covered with a new diaper. Then I proceed to use the baby wipes to clean up my poopy face and my barfy leg, and finally got into the seminary class when it was half over.
Then today...I laid Zoee down in the living room on her changing pad, and took Jaden with me to "help" get Zoee's bath water ready (my motive was really to keep him from poking Zoee's eyes or shoving a plastic lizard in her mouth, two of his favorite activities as of late). We got the water ready, then I went out to undress Zoee and bring her into the bathroom. Well, when we arrived, Jaden was stirring the bath water with the toilet brush. I immediately told him to get that toilet brush out of there, so he responded by throwing the whole thing into Zoee's tub. So while I'm trying to rinse the tub out with hot water with one hand, and hold a naked baby with the other hand while praying she doesn't poop on me again, Jaden gets the only clean baby towel off the sink and throws it into the water. I managed to salvage all by one corner that got soaked. I decided that Jaden must be having a little bit of jealousy/lack of attention day, so I tried to let him help me. I held the baby shampoo bottle over Zoee's hair, while he helped me squeeze a drop on. Well, after several minutes of rinsing, I got the half of a bottle sized "drop" of soap washed out of Zoee's hair, and wrapped her in her half wet bath towel. While putting Zoee's diaper on, Jaden suddenly started back to the bathroom yelling "tissue!" He came back and started cleaning the Desitin off my elbow that he had squeezed on there without me even noticing (at least he was trying to clean it up! :) While finishing up the dressing, Jaden some how got a box of cereal off the counter top and attempted to dump it all over Zoee's floor. But since I was already on the alert for naughtiness, I grabbed the box right as it was in the first dumping phase.
I decided Jaden must be needing a little mommy time, so I laid Zoee down, fed Jaden some lunch, read a book with him, and put him down for a nap. Now they are both sleeping...at least for a minute. Today I must give a hats off to all those mothers out there that survive having 2 children, and I am in awe at how anyone ever has more than that!
I saw this quote in the doctor's office yesterday. So to leave this post on a happy note, I'm so glad for the wonderful moments of motherhood, as they usually far out number the catastrophes! :)
"We find a delight in the beauty and happiness of children that makes the heart too big for the body" ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
4 comments:
Hilarious!! See, that's why you have to write these things down, so you, (or at least someone) can laugh at them. It sucks when you're in the middle of it, but is funny later.
Sounds like you're keeping busy. Like always, I've thought about calling you several times.
Miss you, but at least we can stay in touch this way. Call anytime!!
Hows it going? This is your old roommate Josh Olson, I was looking at Karls blog and noticed the name Dixon and thought noway that can't be, you got an awsome looking family. I glad that your doing well. We have a blog too. its joshandjess.blogspot.com . Take care and we'll talk to ya soon.
Sorry thats joshandjessi.blogspot.com
Now that I'm done laughing, I want to tell you a few things. It gets easier. I remember going through scenes like that in the beginning, but somehow you eventually learn to spot the trouble from the 2 yr old before it leads to catastrophe (sp?). Anyways, hang in there. The jealousy thing eventually leads to a constant playmate. It's fun when that happens.
About the poop incident, I laughed pretty hard remembering how much you laughed at me on the mission because of bird poop on my shoulder and arm. Baby poop in the face, I think, tops that.
What is the phrase in portugues? something like "So sorria."
Post a Comment