Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Zoee Update

















Zoee is 5-weeks-old now. Time sure does fly, especially when life is so crazy! At 3 weeks, she weighed 8 pounds 11 oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. We have another appointment this week, so we'll see how she's doing.

My favorite things about having a newborn:
*2 little eyes that stare up at you like you are the most important person in the world
*little lips that suction to your cheek, when you are not as quick as you should be at feeding time
*when it takes 5 tiny fingers to wrap around one of yours
*brand new baby soft skin
*the pleasant new baby smell (at least the top half :)
*cuddling that little tiny body

4 comments:

Clint and Meg said...

Wow life has been busy at the Dixon house with blessings and birthdays and yard sales and all! We were sad we didn't get to stop either. We came home a week early because there was a death in my family so we just did our same ol drive non stop until we get here routine. It was great. But we were planning on swinging down your way. I guess we will just have to plan a vacation now. Glad everyone is happy and healthy!

Pauly said...

Wow, she is darling! And I can't believe it has been 5 weeks!

Those are the best things about newborns you are 100% right!

Danny and Laura said...

Hey, I'm glad I reminded you about the bird poop thing so that you could have something to laugh about in the middle of the night. You are better than me to be somewhat concious. I spent most nighttime feedings asleep or very close to it. There are probably many more things I could remind you about that would also make you laugh such as the poop popsicle and me asking that one lady if I could see her pimple. I never got to laugh at my greenie as much as you did at me because she spoke portugues very well when she got to the field.

Tara said...

So cute. I just want to squeeze her. And before you start thinking I get a lot done, you only hear about the successes on the blog. There are many a frustrating moments when I feel like I'm not getting anything done. You are awesome to even be on the treadmill after 5 weeks.