Monday, September 29, 2008

Update

Zoee is really putting on the chubs, as you can see in these recent pics. She's definitely not a starving baby. She rolled over from her stomach to her back for the first time yesterday (Sept 28)! After she rolled, I had to turn her back to her stomach to make sure she could really do it - and sure enough, she went right over again. I was surprised that she rolled so soon; she gets very little tummy time because I am always afraid she will get attacked by her big brother if she is on the floor for more than 5 seconds. He gets so excited to try to pick her up and drive cars on her and "fix" her with his plastic hammer. You can see the terror in her eyes in some of the pictures below, where Jaden is holding her. :)

Jaden's got a million dollar smile now, and loves to show off his mouth full of 16 teeth. Since we are potty training, Jaden has his own little potty chair. Well, the other day, I showed him how to use it as a stool to stand up to the sink and wash his hands...What a mistake! Now whenever he wants to reach something he'll say "Grab a potty!" and come running out of the bathroom carrying his potty.
Sometimes Jaden wakes up in the middle of the night and thinks he needs to cuddle with mommy to get back to sleep. Usually he'll pull on my hand or shout, "help mommy!" so I'll lift him into my bed for a few minutes, until he falls asleep. The other night I woke up and Jaden was there in bed next to me just staring at me. I was a little startled, and wondered how on Earth did he got in there. Did I help him in when I was still sleeping? As if he could read my thoughts, Jaden started wiggling off the side of the bed and said "grab a potty!" and then proceed to try lifting the potty into bed with me. I told him no, that he needed to put the potty back on the floor. So he bent down to put the potty down, but his little head didn't pop back up. I peeked over the side of the bed to see what was going on, and there he was, bent over at the waist holding onto the potty with his hands, with his head resting on the lid, sound asleep. I guess the task was just too exhausting and he instantly fell asleep when he lowered the potty to the floor. I laughed and then thought, "well it's not causing any harm...," and just let him continue to sleep there on his beloved potty.

1 comment:

Kirsti said...

that is soooo funny! I'm giggling as I read this. I love all your updates, I'm getting behind so it was fun to see how you guys are doing. Congrats on potty training. something I am NOT looking forward too- Jaden is looking so grown up and Zoee is adorable!!