Monday, November 3, 2008

Jaden & Zoee Update


This first pic is one that my sister-in-law took of Jaden last Spring. I just saw it for the first time yesterday and thought it doesn't get much cutie than that!!


Jaden has recently decided that he doesn't take naps anymore. It takes more effort for me to try to make him take a nap than it's worth. So I'm just going with it for now, hoping he will change his mind soon! :) He has also decided that he is a lion. He crawls around the house on all fours growling and chasing his mother, climbing along the backs of the couches until he falls off, and occasionally attempting to attack Zoee. These pictures are blurry due to his incredible lion speed. He was actually chasing me as I was taking them! :)

Jaden just got the first haircut with mom's new clippers. Aunt Nat, the beautician, walked us through it over the phone. Jaden thought it was great fun to get his hair cut off, and it turned out pretty well! I told Daniel that he's next, but he wants me to practice on Jaden for a little while longer! :)

Jaden also just got some new socks and new shoes. He had to put them on while still riding in the shopping cart (I hear he takes after his daddy in this area - getting so excited about any new clothes :). Here is is admiring his new "stuff."


Jaden helped me make cinnamon rolls the other day while Zoee was napping. He kept sneaking the dough, but in the end, we did have a little left to bake! Daddy was excited to come home to that treat!

Here is a pic of the fantastic "sqooshin" fort constructed with daddy's help. We actually had all of the cushions on the floor as a way to get Jaden excited about a family nap on Sunday afternoon. It actually worked! And then we had some fort fun afterward!


Zoee is still a happy baby that likes to go to bed late, but sleeps for 6-7 hours once she goes down. Thank goodness for that! :) She recently had a huge growth spurt and skipped form 0-3 month clothes to 6-9 month clothes. She looks more and more like her daddy all the time. She's doing great and surviving her wild older brother!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Tell Dan not to be a sissy! I cut Stuart's hair all the time. If I can do it then so can you ;) And Jaden's/little Lion's hair/mane looks great.

Pauly said...

I am loving all the pictures! Especially the first one of Jaden. DARLING!