Monday, November 17, 2008

The Story

Okay, so here's the story. I haven't been lamenting over it for days; I was actually laughing about it by the end of the day. I've just been too busy and tired to get around to writing it. I write this at the risk of humiliating my son, so if you see him in 5 or 10 years, please don't mention it. :)
So this is how the day began...
I was sitting up in my bed feeding Zoee, when Jaden came in and told me he needed to go potty. He usually gives me plenty of time to help him, so I was hurrying, but not too stressed. I leaned over the bed to help him. Well, apparently he really had to go that day, because as soon as I got one side of his pants down (working with one hand, since I was feeding the baby), the fire hose let lose and a steady stream started pummeling my mattress and box spring. I screamed, "No, stop, stop!!" But I could tell by the look on my inexperienced little fireman's face that there was no stopping that fire hose. In desperation, I put my hand out. It stopped the stream to my bed, but my hand filled up in .02 seconds, and then I had stuff soaking into the carpet. As a last resort, I shouted, "the garbage," hoping we could get a little stuff somewhere besides my bed or carpet. But by then, the fire hose was empty, and there I sat with a wet bed, wet carpet, a wet hand, a half naked little boy, and a baby still nursing away...
Well, I pulled myself together, put the baby down, got Jaden back together, took all the bedding off, and started scrubbing. By the time I was done and washed up, Zoee was quite anxious to get her breakfast finished. So I finished feeding her, put her on my shoulder to burp her, and wala! - A big puke spray all over in my hair... After I got showered, I was changing Zoee's diaper. She decided she had more to put in the diaper after I already got it off, and wet all over her clothes. I was only gone for a minute to Zoee's room to get her some new clothes...But upon my return I found that her dear older brother had applied Desitin to her "sore bum," as well as slathering it all over her chest. Zoee was oblivious, just smiling away... No, I didn't yell...I was about ready to jump off a cliff, but I didn't yell. I was nice to my kids all day. :) My little sweeties sure are teaching me patience and helping me to realize that I still have a whole lot to learn! Thank goodness most days are NOT like this one! :)

4 comments:

Pauly said...

what a good mom you are! I am learning all sorts of lessons from you!

And no i am not laughing at you... with you right!

Kellie said...

That is quite a story! And believe it or not I'm not shocked by it! I guess I'm jaded. LOL

Tara said...

I don't know whether to laugh or cry for you!

Danny and Laura said...

With kids, it seems to be the case that when it rains, it pours. You can't have just one thing go wrong, there always seems to be a domino effect. I wonder if it gets worse as you have even more kids...Anyways, thanks for sharing. You always know how to make the best of terrible situations.