Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I Get to be a Mommy...

Last night the kids would not go to sleep. I was up late again. I started having one of those, "I go to sleep when the kids go to sleep, I wake up when the kids wake up, they don't take naps, I never have one minute to myself..." kind of pity party nights.

This morning Zoee woke up early. I brought her to my bed and fed her and cuddled her, then she fell back asleep. As I tried to get up to start my day, I realized there was a tiny little fist grasping tightly to the top of my shirt. Though she was sleeping, she was not letting go. That made me smile from the inside out, and I was overcome with love for that little one, who wanted me to stay right there with her.I had to just lay back down and snuggle with my baby for a few more minutes.

After I got up from my bed, I went to check on Jaden, to make sure he hadn't kicked all of his covers off again. And there he was, in the stink bug position at the bottom of his bed with no covers on. I laughed inside as I covered my sleeping little boy back up.

Today I am thankful for simple little moments that show me what a privilege and a blessing it is to be a mother. Oh, how I love my babies...


10 comments:

ChristyLou said...

I totally agree with you, those little moments of intense love make such a big difference. I had one of those today when I was cleaning off Cambri's sticky little face. I'm glad for those tender mercies of love that God sends us.

Gurr Family said...

Hey Cami This is the Gurr's from your ward in Rexburg. I saw you blog on the Cutlers and I thought I would take a look.It is good to see that you guys are doing good out there in the real world. I would like to keep in touch after you go private if that is okay. It is fun to keep in touch with people we meet in college. I love being a mommy also and sometimes the small things like that keep me going.

Janice said...

It is so amazing. I had no idea it could be so great. I think it gives us just a tiny glimps to the love that Heavenly Father has for each of us.

Pauly said...

you are such a sweet mommy! You are so right, we are so blessed to have our little ones.!

Bobi... said...

Cam- I love those lovey dovey moments so much but sometimes I think the "Ah Oh " moments that kids do are precious too! Like when they have rubbed the whole jar of peanut butter all over the table, poured cornstarch all over themselves and their bedrooms, put their brother in the laundry bag, colored themselves and their brothers with a sharpie, dug holes in the lawn to plant more flowers(dandelions), pulled up the not quite ready carrots to get rid of the weeds in the garden, etc., etc., etc. I think I love these moments just as much! Especially when I can remember myself thinking, "Naughty kids, They are so fun!"

Johnsons said...

I loved ur words! beautifully said! u are wonderful and your kids are blessed to have you as a mommy!

Contreras Crew said...

Teach me oh Yoda! :) I agree there are those momments...Mommy sleep does help us notice them more often!

Gary and Rebecca Dustin said...

Cami-
Hey its been a while. I saw your blog on the BYUI Blog Directory. You have a beautiful family. Where are you guys now???? If you are going private my login for my blog is

grdustin at cableone dot net

We would love to follow

Gurr Family said...

Hey Cami I was talking to Bobi and she said that you needed my email address so here is it. I am only giving it to you this way because you can choose not to post it for others to see. It is littlegurr@hotmail.com Thanks

Neal Davis Family Blog said...

It is those moments that get me through being a mom when Hayden is throwing a tantrum or when I have a pity party for myself!