I wasn't exactly thrilled to move to Arizona, and I didn't have the best of attitudes getting here. :) But now that I am here, I am discovering some wonderful things. I don't think that this is where I will be settling for the rest of my life, but while I am here, I am going to try to enjoy everything I can!
That said, here are my first 10 reasons that I have found to love Arizona!
1.Bountiful Baskets:
Pay $15 a week and get a whole basket full of fresh fruits and vegetables! Every Saturday, I drive a mile and half, and get this fantastic smorgasborg of whatever they decide to put in the baskets! It's always a surprise, but always delicious! And it's year round!
In my first basket, I got:
1 cucumber, 2 bags of carrots, 1 bag of celery, 1 bag of grapes, 1 bunch of bananas, 7 plumbs, 10 apples, 6 onions, a cantalope, 1 bunch of collard greens, 1 bunch of romaine lettuce, 3 pears, and a carton of stawberries!! What a deal!
2. "Winter" is perfect T-shirt weather.
3. I have fruit trees in my backyard, and a garden growing in March!!
4.Fantastic desert running trails only a 5 minute walk away from my house.
5. There are 5 different competing grocery stores within a 15 mile radius. There is even one that will double the value of coupons. We have been able to get some really good deals and even some things for free!
6. I have found a pediatrician here that is amazing. She listens to me...she never acts like she is in a hurry...she takes great care of my kids.
7. The best yard sales in the US are right here in Arizona! :)
8. My husband has to commute to work, therefore, we HAD to buy a 2nd car. Yay for wheels!
9. I can walk to Walmart, to Walgreens, to Sonic, to the park and to the greenbelt. I'm set!:) (But it's still fun to have a car :)
10. I'm "stuck" here with a wonderful handsome husband that loves me and takes care of me, and two wonderful kids!
...11. I really like my house, too! :)
3 comments:
I'm so jealous of your $15 produce basket. What a great deal. Plus, your house is located in a great spot. I thought we had a great location, but you definately have us beat.
Whenever I am feeling down about something, I just play the Pollyanna game and try to find something about that situation that I can be glad about. And WOW- $15 for a basket full of delicious snacks! That's incredible! You can't get that around these parts.
You have convinced me--I want to move to Arizona!
Post a Comment