Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Bits and Pieces

We tried to get a new family picture on Mothers' Day, with the self-timer on our camera. Not such a good idea...this is the BEST of all of the tries...

Our Mothers' Day card project. It was fun at first, but Jaden got tired of coloring and cooperating, so 4 hours later, we finally finished our 4 cards!

I told Jaden to get ready to go get the mail with me the other night. This is what we ended up with: cowboy hat, mismatched pajamas, Zoee's Easter bucket with a glass of ice water inside, one slipper and one shoe, on the wrong feet! :)

Knot Fun - Jaden has learned how to tie knots. This is my phone charger around the axle of his firetruck. The other day I was buying a shirt with a little ribbon belt. When I went to take it out of the cart, the ribbon was woven in and out of the side of the cart and tied with a dozen knots. Luckily, there was no one behind me in line, as I took 5 minutes to get it off the cart. When I go to vacuum, there are toys and buckets tied in the vacuum cord now. And the latest...when I was feeding Zoee in her high chair, Jaden climbed up behind me, dropped the phone charger down my back, and fastened the two ends of the cords to the chair. I didn't even notice until I tried to get up and was stuck. He's going to make a great boy scout someday. Until then, he's sure going to keep his mother on her toes.

Eating is just so exhausting...she fell asleep between bites!

In a pickle now...

Isn't this the cutest little thing you've ever seen? :)



We enjoyed the first spoils from our garden today. Fresh garden peas! There were only a few little pods, but in the words of a two-year-old, "Oh, I love it!"

We made banana bread...mom got distracted...it didn't get any baking soda in it...banana brick anyone?

6 comments:

Paxton said...

your little girl is so stinkin' cute! and i love your jadenism's section :-) i just love the things kids come up with and it is great that you capture them and share them! thanks!

Laura said...

Cami - You're hot! I stinkin love your mothers day outfit!

Jaden sounds like he's hilarious! His outfit had me cracking up and then his knot tying shinanigan story had me laughing even harder. What a boy!

Bobi... said...

Ryker is really into knots right now too. Must be their age. Kyler went to put his shoes on the other morning and the laces were strung in, out, up, down, over, under, around, through.. repeat.. repeat! It took me so long to get them out that the bus had to honk for Kyler when it got to our house! What a Hoot!

Pauly said...

Sexy girly! I love reading your updates!

Anonymous said...

Your kids are so cute! I'm so impressed with your garden. Yum! I love your family pics. Totally reminds me of the Families are Forever video (If you don't know which part I'm talking about, you can just forget I brought it up. :))Happy belated Mother's Day!

April said...

Can I plleeeaaassseee be as skinny as you? You look smokin' in your dress. And Zoee's smile melts my heart!