Sunday, May 3, 2009

Jammin'

8 pounds of strawberries (for $3!) + lots of sugar + a little pectin = 36 cups of homemade strawberry jam!


I learned how to make jam this week. We had a canning class with a group of women from church. We learned to make the bottled jam, and the freezer jam. All of us were in one house with a million kids running around. It was crazy, but lots of fun!!

4 comments:

Bobi... said...

Homemade jam is the BEST!! I need to learn how to make it someday. I had a lunch party at my house last week with a bunch of my girlfriends. We all made crayon rolls together. There were a million kids running around here too. It was a little bit crazy but so much fun! I'll take the noise of a million kids in my house, as long as I get to hang out and have fun with friends!

Kellie said...

Where in the world did you get a deal like that on strawberries?!?

HowSut Goin'? said...

Look how domesticated you are! Way to go. Love your pictures. And your updates, and April's quotes. I love the Dr. Seuss one. He was pretty smart.

April said...

8 pounds for $3! That's a smokin' deal!! I just made 4 loaves of homemade bread...what I'd do for some strawberry jam to go with it. YUM!