Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A New Calling...

Two weeks ago, I got called to be the Young Women's President. Talk about a shocker - I never saw this one coming!  We have 34 Young Women in our ward, and since I had only been in the ward 8 months, before being called, I hardly knew any of them. Needless to say, life has been crazy busy lately. (Blogging may be sporatic for a while. But, hopefully, once I get the hang of things, life will settle down a bit.) I'm nervous and excited all at once. What a great opportunity to influence lives and to learn so much, but what a big job! I have already felt many blessings and so much help coming my way. I've been able to remember things, especially names (which is nearly impossible for me), get more done in less time, and have really had my heart opened to get to know and love these girls. My Heavenly Father knows I can do this, whether I  know that or not. :) So, wow! Here I go!

2 comments:

Kirsti said...

How exciting! I served as 2nd counselor for a little over a year and I grew so much. I also saw little miracles in my life and you will be amazed the power you are given with this calling.
Here's a few websites I used with great resources and fun ideas!
http://www.sugardoodle.info/joomla/
www.theideadoor.com

Kirsti said...

Here's another I forgot: http://emmasplacetobe.blogspot.com/
This one's great for handouts!