Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Hummingbirds, trees, and haircuts...


We put up a hummingbird feeder this last weekend. I spilled about 1/4 of the liquid out trying to get it up, then the wind blew it up onto a branch and spilled the rest out the next day...so we haven't had any hummingbirds eating from it YET.


We got all of our trees planted on Saturday. I did chop into the sprinkler system once, but luckily my Dad showed me how to patch that up while he was here (because we've had a broken hose since we moved in). So I'll be fixing that up next! :) Jaden was my good little helper, and Daniel even pitched in! The trees just look like little twigs now, but they are supposed to have fruit by next year. We're hoping!

(To a special someone..Thank you for my peach tree. I love you!)

I got my hair cut again. I'm having fun with it. Daniel keeps calling me Katie. I would call him Tom, except he's way hotter...and his hair is way shorter right now. The first time I gave Daniel a haircut, the kids were in bed and it was a success. This time the kids were awake. All was quiet when we started...then Zoee got impatient and started crying...Jaden got bored and started bobbing Daniel's head around, trying to grab the clippers, and turning the water on and playing in the sink. Needless to say, I got a little distracted. And as I tried to blend the lines, his hair just kept getting shorter and shorter...he's a very nice and patient man, so he told me it looked great (I think he just wanted me to stop cutting)! Luckily hair grows back! :) I decided not to share a picture of his haircut! :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE CUT, Cami! I can see why Daniel calls you Katie. :) And I love Zoee's laughing, that's the best. I always laugh when they're laughing. Are you sure it was 'spitting noises' you were making... :)
As a horticulturist, I'm very proud of you and your tree planting and gardening ways. Hmm, perhaps fresh fruit will bring me to AZ.

Julie said...

Hey - I like your hair! It looks very modern. :)

Julie said...

Hey - I like your haircut! :)

Julie said...

Hey - I like your hair! A nice summer haircut - right? Wait - it really is winter though isn't it?? :) :) LOL :) :)

Pauly said...

You look hot. Did you die it darker or just stop making it blonder?? Anyway it looks good... Katie!

Hailey said...

OH MY GOSH....that is so funny because I have a similar hairstyle and my sister called me Katie.....but I haven't seen pictures of her lately, so I didn't know what she was talking about. Yes....I even went dark.

Danny and Laura said...

Cute hairstyle. I've been cutting Danny's hair since we met. There was one time when I used a #2 instead of a #6 on the top of his head and by the time I realized it, it was too late. So we ended up giving him a very short buzz. It would have been fine if it was summer, but I think it was Feb, in Utah. I haven't made a mistake like that since so hopefully this is your one and only. It does work a lot better when they kids aren't around.

Tara said...

You do look like Katie, but way cuter! I had to laugh about your husband's hair cut experience. So, I really like my grinder. I got it from www.retsel.com. It grinds super fine and uses stones instead of blades like most grinders do. It is also quite quiet and has a 10yr warranty. However, if you want it by Christmas 2009 you should order it now. The company takes forever to make and send them. They are a small company and the guy kept promising he was sending the grinder but never did. He was quite dishonest. You can also get a hand crank attachment if you loose power. I hope that is helpful

BriANDaleen said...

Cute hair cut!