Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Binky Free and Lovin' It



Jaden's done well with many things - he talks like crazy, he did well with potty training, he's a good eater...but he suffered from a horrible addiction - the PACIFIER. We got him down to a binky only at naptime and bedtime, but I didn't know how we were ever going to get it away from him. Well, he provided and opportunity himself, and I ran with it! Jaden was resting on the plane on the way to Idaho, so he had his beloved pacifier. Right before we got off, I took the pacifier and put it in my backpack so we wouldn't lose it. After deplaning, Jaden suddenly "remembered" that he had left his binky on the airplane. So I just played along with it. He played so hard each day during our Idaho trip, that he would whine a little at bedtime, and then just fall asleep most nights. There were a couple of times that it was more than whining, and I just about gave in, but due to encouragement from my mom and sister, I held strong to the lost binky story! And it worked! Today marks 4 weeks of being binky free. The binkies are in the garbage and never coming back! Congratulations big boy!

1 comment:

April said...

It's too bad you can't forget or throw away your thumb....I've got a long road ahead of me! :)