Monday, February 16, 2009

We Have Returned!

The kids and I were able to fly to Idaho to go to my grandpa's funeral. The funeral was very good - very nice and peaceful, and very well attended. Since my grandpa was a World War II veteran, the American Legion performed military rites at the funeral and burial. I had never seen that before; it was really neat.
All 13 of his grandkids were able to gather from Alaska to Arizona to be together in Idaho. It was so nice to see everyone.

During the viewing Jaden told me, "That guy's sleepin' over there. He's really tired." So I tried to explain in a simple way that grandpa had died and was living with Heavenly Father now. Jaden nodded his head and said, "It's okay, cause Jesus loves him." Then he went on his way, back to playing with his cousins. I'm not sure how much he really understood, but he sure was cute.

Since we had to buy the plane tickets in a rush, they weren't very cheap. So we decided to make a mini-vacation out of the trip and stay to visit for a while in Idaho. We had a great time, especially Jaden. He loved running around outside helping his grandpa Dennis - he's a little farm boy at heart! He has told me several times since we got home - "I want out of this house!" We're hoping to be able to live somewhere with a little more space for him to roam some day! If mommy has her way, it may be back to Idaho! :)

We got home on Saturday, but the kids were too cranky and I was too tired to do much. So Daniel and I had our Valentine's date tonight. Valentine's Day is especially special to us, because it was the day of our very first date - in 2005. Tonight we had a delicious dinner at Macaroni Grill and dessert at Cold Stone. It has been a long time since I have been to either of those places; I thoroughly enjoyed it! And I thoroughly enjoyed having my handsome date all to myself for the evening. The kids got to spend some time with some friends of ours. We don't leave them very often, but once it a while it's really refreshing! :)

It's too late to download pics of our adventures tonight, but I will have some up soon!

2 comments:

Hailey said...

How funny Corey and I tried to go to Macaroni Grill for our Valentines dinner as well, but the place was packed and the wait was 2hours or more. So we settled for Red Lobster across the street. (This was the night before Valentines day in SLC...go figure.) Sorry to hear about your Grandpa, but I'm sure it was nice to see your family again, even if it was under sad circumstances.

Kirsti said...

Thanks for the phone call- you are awesome. And I absolutely love your Jadenisms. They always make me crack up!