This monster fireplace was in our backyard when we bought the house, taking up about half of our teeny tiny space. We've been wondering what to do with it. We used it for the first time on Friday to have a backyard cook out. We roasted hot dogs...
and leftover Easter candy. By the way, roasted peeps are delicious! The sugar on the outside carmelizes, so you have an outer crunchy sweet shell and a gooey center! It was so yummy!
After some fun dinner and some time by the "fire" (charcoal briquettes :), it was off to the theater...
For a Redbox movie on our big screen!
We all had so much fun! (Though you can't tell that by the looks on Daniel's face in some of these pictures!:)
Saturday night, we went to a play at the high school where Daniel teaches seminary. The play was called "Seussical the Musical," and was a smorgasborg of Dr. Seuss stories! The kids enjoyed it for about the first hour. Then the 2nd hour was a series of shushing and chasing runaways... Regardless, we had a good time and we are glad we went! :)
This is what happens when I pass my 10 minute allotment of computer time from Jaden. So I guess this post is done... I need to get some Easter eggs out of my hair...:)
4 comments:
My brother and his wife came to visit last summer and we had a campout in our backyard too! Such a fun idea! I have never tried roasted peeps, but Danielle introduced me to roasted starburst last year. You roast them until they get bubbly, then let them cool a bit before you eat them...Fantastic!! You'll have to try it next time you camp out.
Love the Easter eggs in the hair, that is truly a unique idea!
What a great idea- a home theater in the back yard. You guys are so creative! And, I think Jaden is onto something with the hair thing. 'Jaden' sounds like it could be a cool hairdresser guy.
And the peeps? Sounds good, but kinda morbid. I keep thinking of the bird on Shrek that explodes when he sings too high. Guess it'd be kinda funny to watch a peep explode. :)
Why on earth would someone put an outdoor fireplace in a Pheonix backyard, or anywhere for that matter. Maybe to use in the middle of the night in December? Looks like fun and the eggs in your hair are hilarious.
Laura commented what I was going to! Why do you have a fire place in AZ. But what a fun time. I'm glad you have it. Roasted peeps sound so good right now. The easter eggs in your hair was so funny. You gotta do what you gotta to have a few spare minutes.
Post a Comment