Saturday, April 25, 2009

Week In Review

We didn't get a whole lot done this week. Zoee has been fussy and fevery and runny nosey, so she's needed a lot of mommy time. Thus, my house is a mess and we are running out of dishes to eat off...But it's okay, we have extra paper plates! :)And who likes cleaning the house anyway?!? Having to hold a baby is a great excuse for having a messy house, in my book. I'm blaming the whole thing on teeth. I'm not sure if that's what's going on or not, but teeth seem to be a good thing to blame the fussy, fever, runny nose days on if you can't figure out what else it is.

Here is a quick review of what we did get done this week:
-We found yet another use for our concrete monster: it's great for sidewalk chalk. Several people have asked me why we have a fireplace in our backyard in Arizona. Umm...I don't know. I had that same question when I arrived here to see the house my husband bought for us, and there it was in my yard. But we are trying to have as much fun with it as possible before the outdoors become unbearable, as the horrible heat is creeping up on us! We love our house and our location, so we figured we could learn to love our fireplace beast as well! (I'm actually really craving a toasted peep right now. I should have stocked up. Anyone know when the next holiday is that they sell them? I hope I don't have to wait until Christmas!)





-When Zoee was feeling good, she and Jaden played drive through window with the kitchen chair...



Went sailing in the laundry boat...

And took the hog for a cruise around the house.

We also had the kiddie pool out this week, but no pics of that one.

Besides taking care of kids, I did 2 things this week that I can think of:
I finally got a picture of those fabulous duck lips.

And I got the oil changed in the van. Photo courtesy of my husband.

Jaden was my fantastic assistant, handing off the wrenches with perfection! :)

4 comments:

Bobi... said...

I love that you are the one doing the oil change! You go girl!!

HowSut Goin'? said...

You're amazing, Cami! And yes, teeth is a great thing to blame everything on. And, yes holding a baby all week is a great excuse to not have an emaculate house. (I wish I had an excuse. :) ) Love checking up on you. Have a good week!

Danny and Laura said...

I can't believe you do your own oil changes. I wish we knew a little more about cars between the two of us. It would sure save us a lot of money.

Paxton said...

I was SO excited to hear from you! You guys look like you are doing well and I'm happy for you. Your kids are so adorable, I can't believe how much your son has grown!!!! Crazy how much they change in 2 years huh?
i LOVE your monster fireplace in the backyard!!!! So jealous! Isn't the desert supposed to have really cold nights or something like that? Hot days, cold nights...sounds like dairy queen!
We are still doing the alarm thing so it's washington winters and currently ohio summer! We are enjoying it immensely though. Jordan is a manager again this year, but this time with his own team. And we like that a lot.
You're kids are too cute! They look so much alike! (again with the heads...poor Cammie!)