Thursday, April 2, 2009

On a Lighter Note...

We've had some perfectly beautiful kite flying weather! Jaden got his first kite - this $1 beauty from Wal-Mart! It flew much better than I expected a $1 beauty to fly! Jaden did very well, keeping his kite in the air for a half an hour on our first try (with a little coaching from mom - mainly "RUN!!" - every time it started to fall). And when it did fall, we had a great time playing on the grass in this nice open field by our house.








6 comments:

Gary and Rebecca Dustin said...

Oh that sounds wonderful, it is snowing like a foot right now, Ugh!!!! But I won't want to trade places with you when summer hits full swing, Good luck!!!!! Kite flying is the best!!!!!

Bobi... said...

We love kites! It seems like it's the $1 ones that work the best. And if they get trashed, it's only $1 to get a new one!

Anonymous said...

Great pics, Cami! I love how blue the skies are, and that you have green grass! I say this, as I look out our window at the falling snow. Ugh.. Maci said she's been praying for snow, I've been praying for rain, if anything. Guess we know whose faith is stronger, huh? :)
Hope you're all feeling better. We've been doing the same thing here. Love ya LOTS!

Pauly said...

that looks like much more fun. you are my favorite mommmy out there-- I am taking notes and not be surprised if my blog posts start looking very familiar!

BriANDaleen said...

Brian's not going into the seminary program anymore. He actually graduates next Friday with his associates in nursing (another 3 semesters to get his bachelors). The Baker's do have a blog, but it's set up as private. Temela's email is temala.baker@gmail.com. I'm sure she'd add ya if you emailed her. Oh, and the kite flying adventure looked fun...it's been a long time!

Danny and Laura said...

I've been wanting to get a kite for Alyssa to use this summer, but didn't want to spend a lot of money (meaning more than a few bucks) on it in case she didn't get the concept. I guess Walmart is the place to look and now I know that she might enjoy it if Jaden did.
BTW I watched "Errand of Angels" last night and it brought back so many mission memories. Good times.