"...Control your tempers...put a smile upon your faces, which will erase anger;speak out with words of love and peace, appreciation, and respect. If you will do this, your lives will be without regret."
As I was getting ready to go to be the other night, I realized that I had forgotten to water the garden. I grabbed my robe and put it on as I was rounding the corner from the bedroom to the family room. I only had a dim light on, but I could clearly see right then a quarter sized giant furry brown spider went running across the floor and under the couch. I don't know if it fell out of my robe (yikes!!!) or just suddenly came running out from a corner...But either way, it was disturbing. I haven't seen a spider anywhere close to that size since I lived in Brazil, and it was very disturbing!
First I got that robe off! I flipped on the main light. Then I tipped the couch over...no spider. I slid the chair back and out ran the brown spider...up the brown couch! I could barely see it in the camo, but I didn't want it to get away again. The only thing I could grab while keeping my eye on the hairy beast was a picture frame. I hit at the spider and missed. It ran off the couch and started across the carpet. It was fast! I hit again and broke off a piece of the picture frame, but it was a miss again. The third time I whacked at the spider, glass shattered everywhere. I lifted up the picture frame...and much to my relief, saw that I had come out the victor. It was then that I looked at the broken frame in my hand and realized that I was holding the above quote. How ironic...I hope there is an exception when furry spiders are running in your house.I put the spider in a plastic cup and set it on the counter top, so I could show Daniel in the morning. Then I decided to set it outside, just incase it was one of those faking spiders that was going to get up and run away as soon as I left. (It wasn't faking; It was still dead in the cup in the morning. Though I have to admit, it wasn't near so big or scary looking after it was all smashed up and curled in.) Then I picked up the glass and vacuumed. After that whole ordeal, I finally got around to watering the garden. When I came in, Daniel was still snoozing away.
Then next morning I asked Daniel if he wondered what was going on with all the furniture moving, glass breaking, vacuuming that was going on right outside the bedroom door. No...he hadn't heard a thing. Good thing my intruder was only a spider!
3 comments:
***shudder***
Oh goodness, you had me laughing, hilarious post!!
Did you learn your spider ninja attack method in Brazil? That is so funny!
Post a Comment