Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Happy Mothers' Day!

At church on Sunday, all of the mothers got a carnation. Of course, my children wanted to hold mine. By the time we got home this is what was left of my carnation, so I had to float my stemless flower in a bowl. I later found this tiny little vase for my stub.
On another note...several years ago I was completing my internship. Since I was paying tuition to work full-time (as an intern), plus going to school full-time, I didn't have any money or any way to earn money. My dear little brother took out a student loan in his name and paid my tuition. Well, I graduated, got a job, and paid him back. A couple of years later, little brother was broke and I was not quite as broke, so I lent him $500. Well, then he decided to get married and have twins and try to finish school, etc, etc, and he just got even more broke. Three years later, he has a good job, and I got a surprise check in the mail for $500, which allowed for the purchase of my Mothers' Day present - an electric wheat grinder and a bosch mixer. It sure is pricey little kitchen equipment, but it sure is fun!!! By the way, for those of you who have suffered through my crumbly homemade bread, I have finally learned to make it right, and it is DELISH! I'm cranking it out 5 loaves at a time with my new Bosch, so now would be a good time to come back for the new improved version! 

PS - HAPPY BELATED MOTHERS' DAY TO ALL OF MY MOMMY FRIENDS!

2 comments:

Janice said...

I think my Bosh and wheat grinder are my favorite kitchen tools. They are great!

Gurr Family said...

Don't you love family?