Sunday, May 9, 2010

CHILD FOR RENT

One day, I had 5 mishaps with Zo before she had even been awake for an hour. I decided to write down all of her incidents for the day, just to let my husband know why I don't get anything accomplished. The list was so long that I can't even remember everything she did. But it included such things as sitting on the toilet with her clothes on and falling through the hole, chucking 2 rolls of toilet paper in the sink and washing them, throwing a piece of carrot that she found on the floor into my mixing bowl when I was making a cake, stuffing the food processor with dried apricots (no, she didn't have it plugged in or turned on, luckily), painting the table top with yogurt, and the list goes on and on....

Well, this week I went in the bedroom for no more than 5 minutes to hang up some clothes. When I came out, Zoee was standing over the computer with a half empty bottle of Benadryl. She had gotten a kitchen chair, pushed it over to where the medicine was, climbed up to the medicine, got the Benadryl, got the childproof cap off, and emptied half of the bottle (a portion emptied onto the computer keyboard) in 5 minutes! Well, I had to call poison control, because I didn't know if she drank any of the medicine/how much. While I was on the phone to poison control, she got out the thick, greasy Eucerine lotion and smeared it all down her pant leg and on my couch! I was about ready to ring her neck, but I was too worried about her to do so! Luckily Zoee didn't end up having any ill effects from the Benadryl. So she got little to none in her mouth! Phew!

Well, the next day, I dared take a shower. I don't know what I was thinking! I was gone for 8 minutes. I came out to find that she had put on a pair of Daniel's socks, scaled up the back of our futon,  jumped up on the short wall in front of my bedroom, gotten into the off limits drawer of baby supplies, smeared lotion all over her face and on my new camera, and was just taking off the lid to the infant suppositories when I caught her!
I had to use my old camera to take a pic, since my new one was greased! I think it must sound like I am a totally irresponsible mother, but I have never seen such a child that could climb anything, find anything, open anything! She exhausts me...and makes me laugh and smile and want to squeeze her! I think that we are going to have to get a safe for the off limit things and hope she doesn't know how to crack the code!

PS Rent is cheap, but you can't keep her for more than 3 hours. I would miss her too much after that!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy smokes!! I'd say, "Who's genes does she get all that from?" All of our kids are like one of their parents. So...I guess that's a good reason why you haven't called in awhile? :) Have a great week- and Mother's Day today!

Gurr Family said...

And I thought my kids were busy! Good luck! Good thing she is cute right?

Janice said...

Oh Cami! What fun mothering is. Thanks for sharing this post. It makes me feel so much better : ) It's not me, there are just kids. I can't keep my house clean for anything and I blame my kids. I would love to sign-up to rent your little ones... you just have to provide the transport up north. Oh it would be so fun for your to visit. I miss you and love to read your blog.