Saturday, May 22, 2010

Monday, I had a funny, yucky dental taste in my mouth. Yesterday at 1:36pm I got a phone call from my dentist office. As soon as I answered, I remembered I was supposed to be there at 1:00. Oops! Well, they were merciful and decided "not to charge me this time," but said they would if I stood them up again. And they even let me have another appointment, for today. I found out that I'll be needing $1500 of dental work, to fix up some old stuff I've had in there for a couple of decades. Boo for bad teeth. I brush them a lot, and floss them... My dear husband, who flosses twice a year and has never had a cavity in his life tells me that maybe I'm brushing all the enamel off my teeth...right.... Too bad we're not all so lucky to have perfect pearly whites.
After the dentist office, I took my starving children for a nutritious meal at Sonic. After ordering I rolled my window back up to keep the sweltering AZ heat out of my car. A few minutes later, up skips the Sonic guy with our food. As I roll down the window, he says, "Whoa!!," so loud it makes me jump...Then finishes the sentence with, "I just saw some bright blue eyes!" I half smiled and thought, "where did they find this silly guy with the tatoo on his neck?" After helping him figure out my change, I was off to get stuck in a traffic jam for the next 45 minutes.
All in all, it was a pretty good day. If I could just make myself go to bed now... Daniel and Jaden are off at a fathers and sons campout tonight. Zoee and I went to a mothers and daughters pool party. It was great fun, even if my picture was taken in mid sentence. But now that Zo is asleep and I am alone in the quiet house, I'm afraid that if I turn off the lights and try to sleep I will freak myself out with imaginary things. Yes, I'm a chicken. So here I am blogging, after midnight, about nothing really, but too tired to do anything productive.

No comments: