A little while ago, I posted about my new morning routine, how I was exercising and getting my scripture read before the kids got up, and feeling great about it! Well, that lasted for about a week - then Zoee decided that her bedtime was 1:00 am - every night (or rather, morning). And Jaden decided he would get up at 6:30, or anytime earlier if he heard mom making a peep. I even tried getting up with Daniel at 5:00 one day to make sure I got some stuff done, and sure enough Jaden was up 20 minutes later. So now I have decided that motherhood is not about routines, it is about adjusting...so I will try try again to figure it out! :)
Daniel and I have been walking or running everyday with the kids in the new stroller after he gets home from work, which has been great, and I do get my scriptures read everyday, sometimes at 6 am, sometimes at midnight, sometimes 10 or 15 minutes in peace and quiet and sometimes a verse or two while the kids are screaming... :)
I also realized the other day just how many times I tell Jaden to hurry, and rush him along during the day...maybe it's mommy that just needs to slow down sometimes! :)
Oops! Just got another poop explosion on my lap. We need to move up a diaper size, but I can't bring myself to waste the 80 size one diapers that we have left. So I clean up poop explosions almost everyday...I think I'm ready to change sizes today... I very much dislike scrubbing poop out...good-bye for now.
4 comments:
Awe I love baby blow-outs. Wyatt is a pro at them.
You are so amazing. You are always so positive about being motherhood-- you are my hero!
Just store the diapers for future kids :) Ashley grew so fast that we wouldn't make it through a Costco size box of diapers before she was too big for them. I ended up storing the ones I had left and have given them away as baby gifts. It's not a waste when you are spending way too much time cleaning up poop and changing outfits 10 times a day.
Love this post. You've got the right perspective on this whole Mommy thing! I'll remember adjusting rather than routines now thanks to you. :)
So, yeah, I think adjusting is a capital idea! I catch myself saying "hurry" to my kids too often, too. You are so perceptive to this mother stuff. I really am enlightened when I read what you write- or when I chat with you on the phone.
I've also saved my diapers for future kids- to save me from cleaning soooo many messes. Anyway, hang in there. life is fun, idn't it?
Post a Comment