We've had a great week! It's been 5 days since we've had any potty training accidents, even staying dry during naptime & nighttime. Yay! Potty trained is so much more pleasant than diapers, and so much cheaper, too! Now maybe I can have a few dollars from the diaper fund for some fun yard saleing!
As, I mentioned in an earlier post, AZ yard sales are the best! My recent finds include:
* 2 matching 6 ft black bookshelves for: $5 each - even talked them into delivering to my house! I found these after buying a nearly identical one at Walmart for $27
* very nice ceiling fan/light combos for the living room and family room: $30 each
* cute almost new baby clothes: 25 cents a piece
* battery operated ride-in truck for Jaden (just missing the charger): FREE
* nearly new 6 foot pre-lit Christmas tree: $3
I'm not a junk buyer - it's got to be good and I have to have a good use for it for me to buy it - but there is so much good stuff here that I need. I only go for 1 hour on Saturday, but almost always find something I need. Every weekend is a crazy new adventure in yard saleing! I took Jaden with me last weekend, and every time we got back to the car, he would yell, "find another snail (sale) mommy!!" He was disappointed when it was time to go home!



Zoee had her 2 month check up. She has gone from the 25th percentile to the 75th percentile. She's getting all kinds of fat rolls and is weighing in at 12 pounds now! She's such a little cutie! :)


We had a Relief Society preparedness activity at the church this week. We brought our dry goods that we wanted to can in the big metal gallon cans and they showed us how to do it. It was so neat, and easy too! So I am so excited to say that I have officially started my food storage. I have 7 cans of flour and 2 cans of sugar! :) Yes, I've got a long way to go, but it feel good to finally get started! I have a neighbor named Faith who is a new member of the church. She went to the activity with me and had a great time, too!

General Conference was wonderful Saturday and Sunday. We heard so many great messages of hope, faith, and endurance. I love to hear messages of hope and reassurance for the world from the Prophet and apostles. Though not quite as easy to hear, it's also nice to be reminded of things I need to improve on and do better. One thing that is so amazing to me is that the speakers aren't given an assigned topic, but there always seems to be a connecting theme in their talks - they are inspired to speak about the things which the world especially needs at the time.
Some of the things I came away with was the reminder to enjoy the stage I'm at in life, to enjoy the moments now, so that I'm not looking toward tomorrow and left with empty todays, and also to always look for the positive things in life, to learn to laugh at myself and my blunders and make the most of them! So the other night when I couldn't get my baby to sleep, I was reminded of those words, and I decided that since I was going to be awake, I would just hold my baby and love her and enjoy her as much as I could in my tiredness. Then, on Monday, I drove into Mesa to get my drivers license renewed. I dropped the kids with Daniel during his lunch break and went to the DMV. After waiting in line for an hour, I still wasn't anywhere close to the front. So I had to go back to Daniel's work, get the kids, and wait until he was done with work. He then drove me clear to the other side of town to the other DMV, only to find out it wasn't open on Mondays. We could have gotten frustrated and angry and cross with each other, but it was so much nicer when we decided we had done all we could and we would just have to laugh at the day, and try again another day! :) I don't always do that well with frustrating situations, but I sure am going to try harder to - it just makes life nicer! :)Conference was wonderful and refreshing and gave me a renewed resolve to be and do better!
My little brother's twin girls were born this past week also. They named them JazzLyn & IvyLyn. The girls are fraternal twins - one looks just like dad and the other just like mom! They came 5 weeks early and only weighed 4 lbs 13 oz. They will have to stay in the hospital for a few weeks, but they are doing well!
I told Daniel that I had written and update about everyone but him, so I asked him what he would like included in the update. He said he would get back to me when his uvula stopped swelling. Yeah, he woke up this morning and his uvula (hanging down thing in the back of the throat) was swollen and hanging down so far that it was hitting his epiglottis (the flap of skin that operates the swallowing). He went to the Dr this morning and they didn't know what had happened (maybe some allergic reaction). They gave him a shot of epinephrine and a shot of Benadryl and sent him on his way. So that was weird and kind of gross! Daniel has been working so hard. Between lesson prep, teaching, being a great daddy and husband, and doing his church calling working with the Young Men and scouting programs, he doesn't get much time to rest, and we are grateful when we get to have him home!
1 comment:
Awe, sounds like things are going great for you. You are such an example to me! Thanks for reminding me that I have amazingly great friends .
Post a Comment